1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you through the means discussed below. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
1.1 Information you provide to us. We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
- The Services you use
- Requests or questions you submit to us via email, or otherwise
- Any reviews that you submit about the products we provide
- Account registration and administration of your account
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
1.2 Information about you. While parts of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name (such as if you choose to browse the website without logging in), the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the services you use, products you purchase, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you include:
- Billing Address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit or debit card number
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
1.3 Information we collect through automated means. When you use our Services, we collect certain information as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Website. When you use our website, we collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, date and time of use, content watched, total minutes watched, error logs, and other similar information about how you use the website.
Location Information. When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address and/or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device.
1.4 Information we collect from others. We may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you and improve our products, analytics, and advertising.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We, or our service providers, use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you, in order to
- Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more
effective and efficient customer service
- Provide you with updates and information
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for
- our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
2.2 Aggregate/Anonymous Data. We may aggregate and/or anonymise any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device.
3. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To collect the information in the “Information We Collect through Automated Means”, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies in order to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site that enable us to: (i) recognise your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv) enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods. Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated or to block cookies altogether. Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
4. HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
The Lifestyle Lab will share your information in the following ways:
4.1 Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
4.3 Aggregate/Anonymous Information. From time to time, we may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
5. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The Lifestyle Lab takes technical and organisational security measures to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to The Lifestyle Lab via the Internet.
7. THIRD PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
9. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Depending on your jurisdiction of residence, you may have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
9.1 Your legal rights. If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us. Your local laws (e.g., in the UK or USA) may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes
(including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information to a third party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
9.2 Marketing communications and sharing. You may instruct us not to use your contact information to contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding products and services that might appeal to your interests by contacting us.
Please note that, regardless of your request, we may still use and share certain information as permitted by applicable law. For example, you may not opt out of certain operational emails, such as those reflecting our relationship or transactions with you.
10. LEGAL BASES FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you;
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our website; operate our business and our Services; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights;
- Prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing
- Services); where we are required to process information in accordance with an EU Member State legal obligation; or where we have your consent, in accordance with applicable law.